The Desert Lion Energy Lithium Project has potential to be a high grade, large scale lithium project located in mining and investment friendly Namibia. The project is supported by an expert team with proven experience developing lithium projects and operations within Namibia.
The right team with the right experience
The Desert Lion Energy team combines technical lithium processing and project development experience with in-country Namibian specialists capable of delivering a world class lithium asset.
The team has a proven track record of delivering value to shareholders.
High grade, large lithium resource in a mining friendly jurisdiction
The Desert Lion Energy Lithium Project is a high grade asset associated with the historic Rubicon lithium and Helikon lithium mines, near Karibib in Erongo, Namibia. Desert Lion Energy is uniquely positioned as a future low cost producer due to the unique combination of (i) early production options from historic stockpiles, (ii) expected high lithium grades, (iii) expected large, shallow ore body, (iv) low cost, mining friendly Namibian jurisdiction, and (v) close proximity to existing infrastructure in Karibib, Walvis Bay and Windhoek.
Long term lithium fundamentals
Lithium is an essential component in the advancement of alternative energy is the ability to efficiently store power.
Growth in demand for consumer electronics and electric vehicles is driving unprecedented growth in demand for lithium. Deutsche Bank analysts estimate that the demand for electric vehicles will be grow at a rate of 19% per year for the coming 5 years, supporting growth in overall global lithium demand of 7-8% per year.
Increased demand for lithium is coupled with billions of dollars being invested in downstream battery and manufacturing plants by automakers and consumer electronics companies.
Phase one work program:
- Development of Historic Stockpiles: Lepidolite rock and fines stockpiles with potential for early production opportunity.
- Preliminary Resource Definition: ~6,500m stratigraphic diamond and reverse circulation drilling, sample collection and data analysis, auger sampling of slurry dumps, magnetic survey of EPL mineralized areas, topographic survey of EPL, mapping of pegmatitic mineralization areas within the EPL. Maiden resource expected May 2017.
- Market Studies: cost analysis for the supply of key reagents and logistics costs for the transport of concentrate and reagents.
- Metallurgical Testwork Program: (i) QEMSCAN by Particle Mineral Analysis (completed), (ii) develop design criteria for beneficiation of ore and leaching.
- Obtain environmental clearance: EIA underway to support stockpile processing and commercial mine and concentrator.
- Preliminary Economic Analysis: engineering for mine, concentrator, conversion plant and associated infrastructure. Economic analysis for the production of concentrate and lithium carbonate.
Desert Lion Energy supports the growing demand for sustainable energy storage for consumer electronics, industrial and transport applications, essential for advancement of the global economy.
Supported by an expert team with proven lithium project development and in-country operational experience. Fast tracking of project execution, addressing key risks and uncertainties early to avoid delays and cost overruns.Contact Us